The Georgia Innocence Project (“GIP) is a non-profit, legal services organization with a mission to: exonerate the imprisoned innocent in Georgia and Alabama; educate others about the causes and consequences of wrongful imprisonment; advance practices to reduce wrongful imprisonment; and provide support to exonerees. The Development and Communications Associate reports to GIP’s Executive Director (“ED”) and provides fundraising, development and communications support to advance GIP’s mission.
FUNDRAISING AND DONOR DEVELOPMENT (70%)
- Collaborate with ED to implement annual fundraising plan.
- Cultivate relationships with existing donors, through writing, calls and in-person meetings.
- Support the ED’s and Board’s fundraising efforts: help identify potential donors and provide support and materials to facilitate effective donor-centered fundraising.
- Assist in special event planning and execution.
- Help develop, plan and execute Georgia Gives Day / Giving Tuesday and End of Year giving campaigns.
- Maintain donor records and effectively utilize donor database. Oversee system for timely donation processing and acknowledgment. Maintain volunteer database and current email and mailing lists.
- Oversee direct mail campaigns: help develop content, work with mail houses, maintain current lists, conduct analytical analyses and adjust accordingly.
- Assist ED in writing government, corporate and private foundation funding proposals.