The Midwest Innocence Project (MIP) seeks an innovative, compassionate, and justice-oriented
individual to join our Kansas City team on the front lines of fighting and preventing wrongful convictions.
The MIP is a 501(c)(3) non-profit legal defense organization dedicated to representing wrongfully
convicted prison inmates in our five-state region (MO, KS, NE, IA, AR) who can prove their innocence
through the use of DNA testing and other newly discovered evidence. The Intake Analyst/Office Manager
will play a vital role in the project, particularly in the areas of client communication and case
management. Responsibilities include:
- Answering phones and responding to calls and letters from clients, their families, potential new
clients, and the public.
- Receiving and processing incoming and outgoing mail.
- Coordinating and supervising in-office and special event volunteers, including high school
students, paralegals, and attorneys.
- Pre-screening intake forms and questionnaires for the MIP and our partner organizations
- Locating court and evidence records and creating and managing case files.
- Maintaining case databases, including case statuses and grant reporting information.
- Supporting the Executive and Development Directors and legal staff with calendaring, mailings,
and in-office event preparation tasks.
- Tracking and ordering office supplies; maintaining office machines and service contracts.
- General bookkeeping, including reviewing invoices, drafting checks for signature, and account