The Social Worker provides support and assistance to Innocence Project and Network clients to assist in their transition to life outside prison after wrongful incarceration. The Social Worker reports to the Director of Operations and Social Work and works closely with the staff in other Network Projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide social work services and related support in accordance with IP social work plan and guidelines.
- Provide client case work which includes: conducting needs assessments; developing individualized service plans, and identifying local support networks. Works closely with families, friends, and others in clients support network.
- Phone counseling.
- Travel to meet clients, set up services and for exonerations as appropriate.
- Client advocacy.
- Support to other “Network” projects for consultation in their social work and social service needs.
- Assist in designing, implementing and supporting the exoneree’s involvement at the Innocence Network conference.
- Record keeping.
- Assist with board reports and other reporting requirements.
- Collaborate within litigation department and between departments regarding client work and other projects.