A challenging and rewarding full-time position working on the exoneration of innocent people under the supervision of the Legal Director. The Staff Attorney is part of a cohesive team of professionals, led by the Executive Director, who are focused on fulfilling all aspects of the mission of the Innocence Project of Minnesota. The Staff Attorney will be responsible for screening, investigating, and litigating cases in Minnesota and North Dakota (and possibly in South Dakota) in which an incarcerated individual is claiming actual innocence and evidence of innocence can be found. The cases that this attorney might encounter may involve complex issues of forensic science and difficult factual issues that require significant experience in the criminal justice system. Most cases will not involve DNA evidence. The Staff Attorney may collaborate with and manage volunteer attorneys, law students, paralegal interns, professional investigators, and expert witnesses on some cases. 5+ years of experience required. Learn more.
- Staff Attorney, Innocence Project of Minnesota November 29, 2018
- State Policy Advocate, Innocence Project October 11, 2018
- Program Director, Korey Wise Innocence Project October 11, 2018
- IP of Florida Client Dwight DuBose Freed April 26, 2018
- Montana IP Client Freddie Joe Lawrence and Co-Defendant Paul Jenkins Freed April 18, 2018