The State Policy Advocate leads campaigns to change the laws, policies, and practices that contribute to the wrongful conviction of innocent people. A central goal of the Innocence Project is to reform the criminal justice system to prevent future injustices, and the advocates work state by state to pass laws that address deficiencies in the system that have been identified through the exoneration of innocent people. Working in legislatures, with law enforcement, local advocacy organizations and other stakeholders, the advocates lobby, build coalitions and create pressure for reform. Read more.
- Paralegal/Program Associate, Innocence Project January 18, 2018
- UVA Innocence Project Clinic Client Messiah Johnson Freed January 18, 2018
- Exoneree James Kluppelberg Wins $9.3 Million Settlement for Wrongful Conviction January 11, 2018
- Exoneration Project Client Thomas Sierra Exonerated January 10, 2018
- Innocence Project of Florida Client Dean McKee Freed January 10, 2018