The State Policy Advocate leads campaigns to change the laws, policies, and practices that contribute to the wrongful conviction of innocent people. A central goal of the Innocence Project is to reform the criminal justice system to prevent future injustices, and the advocates work state by state to pass laws that address deficiencies in the system that have been identified through the exoneration of innocent people. Working in legislatures, with law enforcement, local advocacy organizations and other stakeholders, the advocates lobby, build coalitions and create pressure for reform. Read more.
- DNA Project Attorney, Michigan State Appellate Defender Office November 6, 2017
- Paralegal, Strategic Litigation Department, Innocence Project November 3, 2017
- Forensic Science Review Attorney, Ohio Innocence Project November 2, 2017
- Deputy Director of Development, Innocence Project October 12, 2017
- Forensic Science Fellow, Pennsylvania Innocence Project October 12, 2017