The State Policy Advocate leads campaigns to change the laws, policies, and practices that contribute to the wrongful conviction of innocent people. A central goal of the Innocence Project is to reform the criminal justice system to prevent future injustices, and the advocates work state by state to pass laws that address deficiencies in the system that have been identified through the exoneration of innocent people. Working in legislatures, with law enforcement, local advocacy organizations and other stakeholders, the advocates lobby, build coalitions and create pressure for reform. Read more.
- IP of Florida Client Dwight DuBose Freed April 26, 2018
- Montana IP Client Freddie Joe Lawrence and Co-Defendant Paul Jenkins Freed April 18, 2018
- Mark Godsey of the Ohio IP Publishes Op-Ed on Cleveland.com March 30, 2018
- Michigan Innocence Clinic Client Richard Phillips Exonerated March 30, 2018
- Director of Strategic Litigation March 28, 2018