When Dean Gillispie walked free from prison in December 2011 — 20 years after his wrongful conviction for raping three women — he knew the emotional and mental scars of his incarceration might never go away. But he also bore a physical reminder of his time behind bars: over a decade earlier while on a ladder doing prison maintenance work, Gillispie fell and pinched a nerve in his back. By the time he was released three days before Christmas, he could barely walk.
- UBC Innocence Project Client Phillip James Tallio Wins Right to Appeal Murder Conviction July 7, 2017
- IP New Orleans Client John Floyd Freed July 7, 2017
- Rocky Mountain Innocence Center Client DeMarlo Berry Exonerated July 7, 2017
- WMU-Cooley IP Client LeDura Watkins Exonerated July 7, 2017
- Wisconsin IP & IP Client Richard Beranek Granted New Trial June 14, 2017