When Dean Gillispie walked free from prison in December 2011 — 20 years after his wrongful conviction for raping three women — he knew the emotional and mental scars of his incarceration might never go away. But he also bore a physical reminder of his time behind bars: over a decade earlier while on a ladder doing prison maintenance work, Gillispie fell and pinched a nerve in his back. By the time he was released three days before Christmas, he could barely walk.
- Paralegal/Program Associate, Innocence Project January 18, 2018
- UVA Innocence Project Clinic Client Messiah Johnson Freed January 18, 2018
- Exoneree James Kluppelberg Wins $9.3 Million Settlement for Wrongful Conviction January 11, 2018
- Exoneration Project Client Thomas Sierra Exonerated January 10, 2018
- Innocence Project of Florida Client Dean McKee Freed January 10, 2018