Title: COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
Position type: Full me (part-time is an option)
Salary: $42,000+ (depending on experience and hours)
Benefits: Generous paid me off, potential flexible benefits plan, professional development
SUMMARY: The Georgia Innocence Project (GIP) is a non-profit legal organizaon dedicated to preventing and correcting the wrongful conviction of innocent people in Georgia, and to helping the exonerated rebuild their lives. The Communications Manager reports to GIP’s Executive Director.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
○ Oversee cultivationon and management of media relationships to help shape news coverage
○ Research and secure strategic speaking opportunities and media placements
○ Create press kits, draft and issue press advisories and releases, and respond to press inquiries
○ Help create newsletters, e-blasts, blog posts and other updates
○ Develop fact sheets, case highlights, op eds, and other informational materials
○ Manage and create content for social media accounts
○ Assist with communications aspects of development, such as Giving Tuesday and annual reports
○ Manage communications aspects of Wrongful Conviction Day, Hawks partnership, and events
○ Work with ED to develop and implement strategic communications plan
○ Manage website content and design
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
○ Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
○ Bachelor’s degree required, and 3+ years similar experience preferred
○ Legal communication experience strongly preferred
○ Nonprofit fundraising experience desired
○ Passion for and understanding of GIP’s mission and work
○ Self-starter that also asks questions and seeks clarification when needed
○ Humility and confidence – no job is too small or too big
○ Values giving and receiving feedback and constructive criticism
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should email the following in PDF format: 2 short examples of your work, a cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Include “Communications Manager” in the subject line of your email. We will then email you a short form to complete. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. We will only consider applications that are submitted according to these instructions.
The Georgia Innocence Project is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture for all employees. For more information, see here.
Deadline: Position open until filled